Wednesday, July 22, 2009

It all started with You've Got Mail

So, as I mentioned in my "about me," if I've seen something once you can pretty much guarantee I'll remember slim to nothing about it. Well, so was the case with You've Got Mail. My girlfriends and I were going to have a Girl's Night Sleepover and were emailing about what "chick flicks" that we could watch. You've Got Mail came up as one of their favorites. They of course asked if I'd seen it. I had (once, of course) so I told them yes.

Me: Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan?

Them: Yes.

Me: Rosie O'Donnell too right?

Them: Um ....no. That would be Sleepless in Seattle.

Me: Hmmm....well, I think I've seen it.

And so we watched it! And in fact I had seen it...but there was a lot that was new to me. Did you know that Greg Kinnear and Parker Posey were in it?! Yeah, probably. But I didn't! And so began their quest of bringing up movies I NEEDED to re-watch and of course the endless teasing over my Rosie O'Donnell flub.

Oh, and did I mention that we also watched The Notebook? Saw that before too but didn't remember they both died at the end! Yes, I am that bad...and I told you this would be a spoiler alert!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to watch this adventure. Enjoy the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay. This will be a wonderful way to break up the monotony of my day, of which you are now, sadly, no longer part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Read too far... I haven't seen the Notebook. Ending spoiled. :( :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You watched The Notebook with me, Mom and Mary in Pullman. Remember Mary was crying at the end and we all thought that was funny.

    ReplyDelete